Preparing your supply chain for Brexit: The Customs Angle - Authorised Economic Operator (AEO)
AEO status is an internationally recognised quality mark that shows your role in the internation supply chain is secure and custom procedures are efficient and meet EU standards. This course focuses on understanding the impact of Brexit on UK customs import and export processes and also an introduction to understanding Authorised Economic Operator (AEO), the Customs requirements and how to get authorised.
How does this course relate to Brexit?
This workshop will look at the key steps you can take to prepare for changes to cross-border trade post Brexit and describe some of the Customs facilitations on offer from HMRC, as well as an introduction to Authorised Economic Operator (AEO) , the benefits , how to apply and practical tips on managing an AEO project.
Who should attend this course?
- Companies interested in applying for AEO Status
- Companies that are involved in customs operations and international trade
- If you or your company already is AEO registered and due to be re-accredited
The Brexit Customs preparation content includes:
The AEO Workshop includes:
- Background to Brexit
- Customs basics
- Where next ?
- Key actions to prepare international business for Brexit – focus specific on Customs activity
- Understanding the origins of AEO and its place in global trade and regulation
- EU and UK Customs role in AEO
- Detailed review of specific requires for AEO Customs and Safety & Security
- How to prepare your business to achieve AEO accreditation
- Cost, benefits and effort required
- Customs self-assessment process
- Customs resources and supporting documents for AEO
- What to expect when Customs audit your application
- How to maintain your AEO status
- Tips, hints and practical guidance on how to manage an AEO project from start to finish
- Questions and answers and time to discuss individual concerns through the day
We will provide a practical explanation of how to apply, the preparation required and help delegates understand and appreciate the effort and preparation required versus the business benefit.
Dates and Pricing
Please see below our available dates to book your place. If you have any further queries about our course, you can call us on 0121 725 8996.
|Thursday 19th September
|Wednesday 13th November