If you are a small business owner, then chances are you have limited resources, time and money.
Therefore, it is essential to take advantage of advancements in technology which make it even easier to maximise efficiency in your business.
Working for a small business I understand this struggle all too well, so I have compiled a list of essential apps that we use at SRK and that I'd recommend for all small business owners.
1. Charlie Charlie acts as your online HR team (or in our case our only HR team)! This software currently provides 7000+ teams a safe, central location to store employee information without the hassle of spreadsheets or drawers of physical files. It even has a guided onboarding process to take new members of your team through, so you'll never have to watch someone fill in a P45 or scan a passport, ever again! Charlie allows the SRK team to effortlessly apply for a holiday and gain managerial approval within a minute.
2. Asana Asana should be your go to project management tool. Within Asana you can create multiple projects, assign team members, create tasks, track an individual's progress and track the project's progress overall. We use Asana to take notes during team meetings.
3. Slack Slack takes the formality out of internal communications by allowing quick and accessible conversations to occur on any device. It is essentially WhatsApp for the workplace! At SRK, we have multiple threads to suit our needs of the moment; from discussing deadlines, to brainstorming marketing ideas, to deciding where we will go for our next social!
4. GoToMeeting With 16 million worldwide users per month, GoToMeeting provides a simple and reliable web meeting solution. It is easy to set up as you add the GoToMeeting link to your calendar request without any emails back and forth. This will save you time and travel expenses! We like to use this for internal meetings too!
And because we are accountants we couldn't not mention the essential accounting apps for small businesses!
1. Receipt Bank If you live in fear of losing vital receipts and missing out on expense or VAT claims, then Receipt Bank is your answer. This app allows you to simply take a photograph of your receipts to then email or upload directly and then you can watch as it scans for all the key details to organise this information correctly. The SRK team uses this app to upload expense claims, providing organisation to an area that can often lack it! (And of course receipt bank effortlessly integrates with your Xero and QuickBooks Online accounting software)!
2. Accounting Software SRK is proud platinum partners of Xero and QuickBooks Online. These can be used on your desktop or as a cloud based solution which means you can get up-to-the minute accountancy for your business.
If you are unsure what the best software is for your organisation, we can provide you with a free consultation please email email@example.com or call 0330 403 0010.