17 September 2020
Top tips for making meetings and events safe in Birmingham
Yes, everyone in our tremendously resilient city has been working extremely hard to ensure that all meetings and events in Birmingham will take place in the safest possible way during this mind-boggling time.
The event team here in Digbeth has, of course, implemented robust safety protocols at the Custard Factory, Fazeley Studios, and The Bond Company. And we have also seen protective screens galore erected and an array of snazzy new futuristic systems (non-touch door release buttons and hand sanitisers) to keep our staff and visitors safe.
In this blog, we thought we’d share with you what we’ve done in Digbeth to give other Greater Birmingham Chamber of Commerce members some insight on what venues in Brum are pro-actively doing to minimise the risk of COVID-19-related woes.
Here is a rundown of the key protocols that we have implemented:
Before you arrive
- Designated co-ordinator to discuss all your requirements and concerns.
- Daily Health declarations, screening, and temperature checks for all Digbeth staff.
- Flexible contracts and booking options that consider localised outbreaks and regional lockdowns.
- All staff re-trained on COVID-19 responsibilities, Social distancing, PPE, and enhanced sanitisation
- Streaming & Video conferencing options available.
- Contact free number for organisers to text/call on event days with any questions.
Entering the building
- All clients on site will have their temperature checked on arrival.
- Track and Trace in operation.
- Face masks can be provided upon request.
During your event
- Signage on site to remind clients of measures and rules to adhere to and “one way’ systems to minimise congestion and pinch points.
- No shared spaces - wherever possible our policy is to contain all the members of one party in their own exclusive room.
- Capacities of all spaces reduced in line with current government guides of 2m or 1m + with mitigation (which includes the wearing of masks).
- Cleaning kits available in room for use during the day. Hand Gels and Sanitiser stations in all areas.
- Designated isolation area for suspected COVID cases. Reduced seating in public areas.
- Social Distance Marshalls on site. Contactless ordering via online app. Individual bottled water available.
- Touch free food options available including grab & go menu’s, pre-plated individual desserts, and fruit available alongside sealed pastries and biscuits.
- Cutlery roll ups and single use condiments as standard.
- Cleaning team on site with full deep clean after every event, enhanced cleaning schedules for all areas, specific attention on guest touch points and high traffic locations.
We hope to see many of you back in Digbeth shortly! If you have any questions (or even suggestions for improving our safety protocols), give our team a shout on firstname.lastname@example.org or 0121 224 8485.