Purchase of a GBCC membership is strictly non-refundable and non-transferable
1. The GBCC reserves the right without liability to any members or other third party to;
o vary the benefits available to members
o vary these terms and conditions
o vary the number and types of events within the events programme
2. Standard membership is strictly only available to organisations with up to 40 full time employees.
3. Premier membership is only available to organisations with up to 150 full time employees.
4. The GBCC events calendar is subject to change without notice.
5. Any content submitted by a member company for the 'In the Spotlight' blog is subject to approval by the GBCC Press Team. The Press team reserves the right without explanation to reject the submission if deemed inappropriate for any reason.
6. All member benefits detailed in marketing materials were correct at the time of going to print but are subject to change. Any requests to view the most up to date list of member benefits should be made to the Membership department, Chamber House, 75 Harborne Road, Birmingham B15 3DH.
7. All Standard, Premier and 1813 Club members have the right to book a meeting room at Chamber House, 75 Harborne Road, Birmingham, B15 3DH free of charge for up to four delegates, for 2 hours per month, including free parking for up to two vehicles. Meeting room hire operates on a first come first basis and is subject to availability. Where no meeting rooms are available at Chamber House, a venue or cash alternative will not be offered.
8. The GBCC has no liability for any inaccuracies contained within the annual directory in print or on the GBCC website.
9. The percentage member discount offered for Chamber services (including but not limited to Chamber Translations, Chamber Training, venue hire and event management services) are set at the discretion of the GBCC and subject to change from time to time.
10. Any content submitted to the GBCC for use in Chamberlink Magazine or Chamberlink Daily is subject to editing by the GBCC Press department.
11. The GBCC reserves the right to reject any content submitted by members for use in Chamberlink Magazine or Chamberlink Daily if deemed inappropriate or a conflict of interest.
12. Any offers or requests submitted to the Member Marketplace on the GBCC website are subject to approval and the GBCC reserves the right to reject any submissions without reason.
13. Personal introductions by the GBCC to members are made at the discretion of the GBCC and the GBCC accepts no liability if the requested member does not wish to be introduced.
14. The membership start date is the first day of the month in which the membership is paid for. For example, if you paid for your membership on 31st March, then your membership start date would be 1st March.
15. The membership end date is the last day of the twelfth month of your membership.
16. Membership number operates on a one number per organisation basis and sharing a membership number between organisations is strictly prohibited.
17. Any organisation found to be sharing a membership number will have their membership suspended and be required to pay full non-member prices to attend events.
18. Members are not permitted to purchase event tickets on behalf of non-members and any suspicions of touting tickets in this way will be subject to a full investigation.
19. Members may apply to join a divisional executive committee once per year for their base division only.
20. The option of exhibition space offered to 1813 Club members as part of their membership is subject to availability.
21. The option of an annual dinner ticket offered to 1813 Club members can be redeemed against the GBCC Annual Dinner, Future Faces Annual Dinner or the Asian Business Chamber of Commerce Annual Dinner. Tickets are subject to availability.
22. Any event cancellations for paid events must be received at least ten working days in advance of the event. Any event cancellations within ten working days of the event are non-refundable.
23. Any event cancellations for complimentary events must be received at least 24 hours before the event. Any event cancellations less than24 hours before the event (including no-shows) will be subject to a £10 administrative charge.
24. Any Annual Dinner tickets or table booking cancellations must be received at least 30 working days before the event. Any Annual Dinner tickets or table booking cancellations within 30 working days of the event are non-refundable.1. LIABILITY OF MEMBERS
1.1 The liability of each Member is limited to £10, being the amount that each Member undertakes to contribute to the assets of the Chamber in the event of its being wound up while it is a Member or within one year after it ceases to be a Member, for:
1.1.1 payment of the Chamber's debts and liabilities contracted before it ceases to be a Member;
1.1.2 payment of the costs, charges and expenses of winding up; and
1.1.3 adjustment of the rights of the Members amongst themselves.2. QUALIFICATION OF MEMBERS
2.1 The Members of the Chamber shall be persons with an interest in supporting the objects of the Chamber.
2.2 Where an incorporated body is admitted as a Member of the Chamber this shall not imply that members of that body are ipso facto entitled to attend meetings of the Chamber or to the
benefit of services which the Chamber offers.
3. ADMISSION OF MEMBERS
3.1 Every person that wishes to become a Member shall deliver to the Board a duly executed application for membership in such form as the Board may require.
3.2 Applicants shall undertake to be bound, if accepted, by the articles of the Chamber.
3.3 The Board shall be empowered to accept, defer or decline applications on a majority vote.
3.4 Acceptance of an application, together with payment of the annual subscription, shall constitute membership.
3.5 A full list of Members is kept and may be inspected by any Member at the registered office of the Chamber.
4.1 The annual subscription payable by Members shall be such sum as may, from time to time, be determined by the Board.
4.2 The annual subscription shall become due in advance on the anniversary of the month in which the Member’s application for membership was accepted or previously renewed, or such other date as the Board may from time to time determine.
5. NON-PAYMENT OF SUBSCRIPTIONS
5.1 No Member whose subscription remains unpaid for more than three months after it has become due shall be entitled to exercise any of the rights of membership of the Chamber.
5.2 Unless the Board otherwise decides, providing that at least one month’s written notice has been given to the Member concerned, any Member whose subscription remains unpaid for more than three months after it has become due shall ipso facto cease to be a Member and its name shall be struck off the register of Members.
6. RETIREMENT OF MEMBERS
6.1 Any Member wishing to retire from the Chamber must give written notice to that effect to the Chamber at least one calendar month before the date on which its subscription shall next be due.
6.2 Failure to give such notice will render a Member liable for payment of the subscription for the year following such date.
7. EXPULSION OF MEMBERS
7.1 The Board may require a Member to retire from the Chamber:
7.1.1 where in the opinion of the Board it is undesirable for the Member to continue as a Member of the Chamber; and
7.1.2 75% of the Board Members pass a resolution to that effect (“Expulsion Resolution”).
7.2 Such a Member is entitled to seven days’ notice of the time at which the question of his expulsion will be considered by the Board. The Board is entitled to suspend the membership of such a Member during the seven day period.
7.3 The Member has the right during the seven day period to make a written representation against his expulsion to the Board.
7.4 On service of a copy of the Expulsion Resolution on such a Member, it shall cease to be a Member and all rights of the Member in relation to the Chamber shall end.
7.5 An expelled member is entitled to make a written appeal to the Board within 28 days of the date of service on it of the Expulsion Resolution. The Board will consider the written appeal at the next meeting of the Board but the expelled member is not entitled to be present at the deliberations at that meeting.
7.6 The Board will decide after considering the written appeal whether or not the expulsion will stand and the decision of the Board will be final
Our Black Friday promotion on 23rd November 2018 only is to discount our Standard, Premier and 1813 Club Membership 12 month subscription rates by 20% before vat. To receive this discount a completed membership application form and full payment needs to be received by Greater Birmingham Chambers of Commerce on 23rd November 2018.