Millennials are making up a quarter of the UK population and they are predicted to hit the 17 million mark by 2019.
Mainstream media accuses Millennials of being lazy, entitled narcissists, who aren’t able to function without a smartphone. For a more holistic view join Louise Lenton of Acas to look at issues affecting younger people in workplaces today, and discover how to attract and retain millennial employees.
This interactive session will explore the range of issues younger workers face when entering employment and provide you with information to manage the process effectively.
You will gain the knowledge you need to understand the law around younger workers and the challenges they face in their new world of work.
This session will:
- Explore the myths and fact about younger workers
- Explain the different ways you can employ younger workers, including internships, apprenticeships and zero hours contracts
- Provide a process for inducting younger people properly to encourage them to stay in you organisation
- Explain the importance of having a fair workplace for all ages
- Allow you to discuss your own experiences of employing younger people and share your knowledge
This event is delivered and led by CIPD and Acas. It is being promoted as part of the GBCC Growth Through People Campaign. This week focuses on Growth Through Unlocking Potential. Our campaign sponsor for Growth Through Unlocking Potential week is Curium Solutions.
About the sponsor:
Founded in 2008, award-winning Curium Solutions is a fast-growing change management business headquartered in Birmingham’s business district. We operate across a range of sectors and work with some of the UK’s biggest brands to deliver business critical transformation that really sticks. We believe in keeping change simple and empowering the potential of people and organisations.