ABCC Diversity in Leadership Pledge
The ‘Diversity in Leadership’ pilot campaign launched on International Women’s day, and will work with some of the regions’ biggest employers in order to boost the numbers of women and those from black and minority ethnic (BAME), lesbian gay bisexual and transgender (LGBT) and disability groups being represented on boards of directors and in leadership roles.
1. Widening the talent pool by broadening our range of recruitment methods.
2. Ensuring recruitment is based on measurable skills – what you know, not who you know.
3. Identifying and showcasing visible women and BAME role models within our organisations or industry.
4. Providing personal development and networking opportunities to women and BAME employees.
5. Creating an effective pipeline to the top, through individual mentoring or training.
6. Demonstrating meaningful steps towards achieving a board and senior leadership team reflective of the population.
7. Fully engaging with the support and opportunities on offer through the ABCC.
8. Sharing information with the ABCC on current levels of diversity in leadership in our organisations, our strategies for improving diversity and any outcomes from our involvement in the pilot.
MidlandsAbility is a cross-organisational forum which brings companies and other organisations together to talk about the important issues surrounding disability and long term health problems in the workplace.
The network’s aim is to help employers to continue to improve their policy and procedures when it comes to recruiting and retaining staff with a disability or long term health problem, and inspiring others to start their disability confident journey.
The real benefit of the network is that it is led by employees, who have real jobs. They understand the opportunities and constraints to deliver change. The network has a steering group led by employees from KPMG, Gowling WLG, Shakespeare Martineau, Lloyds Bank, enei and Balfour Beatty Vinci, which meet to organise events and members meetings. Members meetings are arranged every two to three months and will normally have a speaker and give members an opportunity to share best practice.
If you wish to learn more and become a member please contact: Becky Brooks on 07967529855 or email email@example.com.
Companies who have signed the pledge
Latest Diversity Blogs/PR Links
Diversity in Leadership: Spotlight on female leaders
Diversity in Leadership: Become the success story you are today
Diversity in Leadership: From 100 failed job applications to founder
Diversity in Leadership: 10 Steps for Increasing Inclusion
Available Job Opportunities
Administrator - Midlands Arts Centre (MAC)
We are recruiting for an Administrator to support both the operational and arts teams. In addition, the post-holder will assist in maintaining and developing administration systems and databases, data input, preparation of contracts, providing minute taking at a range of meetings, and undertake other administrative duties as required.
Click here to find out more