Six reasons why posting mail still matter
These days, when we hear the word “mail”, we envision a notification sound emitted by one of our many digital devices. The last thing we think of is a physical letter or postcard arriving at our doorstep.
Yet, despite the rise of digital communication, direct mail continues to be one of the most important ways to reach customers. In fact, the Royal Mail delivered over 9 billion pieces of mail in 2021 alone.
There are several reasons why printed mail continues to be relevant:
- It's personal: Nothing beats a hand-written letter from your best friend or a postcard from your grandmother while you're on vacation. In a world where we are constantly bombarded with digital notifications, printed mail is a refreshing change.
Printed mail is also more personal than email or social media. Something about it feels more intimate and allows you to connect with your customers on a deeper level.
- It's tangible: You must admit: We all still get that feeling of excitement when we receive a letter or parcel in the mail. In a world of email, SMS, and app notifications, it's refreshing to receive a tangible print.
Direct mail gives your customers something they can touch and hold, which in today's market, makes you stand out. They're more likely to pay attention to something they can feel in their hands, which helps create a lasting impression. There's just something so nostalgic and real about the feel of paper and ink.
- It's credible: Because printed material is more permanent, it conveys a sense of credibility and authority. In the world of online scammers, going out of the way to create printed marketing products is an indicator of legitimacy.
Your customers are also more likely to trust something they can see and touch. For this reason, direct mail can be used to create a strong brand identity.
- It's flexible: You can use mailing houses for a wide variety of purposes, from marketing to customer retention to product packaging and delivery. Direct mail is also a great way to provide a personal touch when sharing seasonal promotions with your client base.
And of course, we can't forget the mailed holiday postcard (full of cheesy Christmas sweaters!) The possibilities are endless
- It's versatile: Print media can be used for a variety of purposes, from direct mail to packaging to point-of-purchase displays.
In addition, parcel posting has quickly become the backbone of the new e-commerce market. Everyone from medium-sized companies to passionate Etsy creators are using posting services to get their products to clients all over the world.
- It's cost-effective: With the rise of digital communication, you might think that printed materials are more expensive. However, printing is a relatively inexpensive way to reach your target market. And with new print technologies, it's easier and more affordable than ever to produce high-quality printed materials from mailing houses.
The best part? Businesses and entrepreneurs can save on bulk posting packages for anything from parcels to marketing mailers.
Overall, direct mail continues to be a relevant and important part of communication in the modern world. It's personal, tangible, credible, and cost-effective. So don't forget about the power of print when you're planning your next marketing campaign!
It'll give you that “wow” factor that helps you make your mark.
Get in touch with bakergoodchild